[Mimedefang] action_change_header
Thomas Kristensen
2018-05-07 13:55:19 UTC
Hey

If I use action_change_header in the begining of the filter_begin, will the header I add/change be readable later on?
I noted the action_rebuild so my guess would be yes, but i just need to be sure before I go any futher on this path :)

Thanks.

Med venlig hilsen
Thomas Kristensen
[MM_mail_logo_3_AS]
Storhaven 12 - 7100 Vejle
Tlf: 75 72 54 99 - Fax: 75 72 65 33
E-mail: ***@multimed.dk
Dianne Skoll
2018-05-07 15:50:36 UTC
On Mon, 7 May 2018 13:55:19 +0000
Post by Thomas Kristensen
If I use action_change_header in the begining of the filter_begin,
will the header I add/change be readable later on?
No, not in MIMEDefang. MIMEDefang just makes a note to ask the
milter engine to add the header; Sendmail does the header addition
just before delivery.

Regards,

Dianne.
Thomas Kristensen
2018-05-07 18:31:18 UTC
Hey

Then I dont understand the rebuild action.

Should i then do the action_change_header and also add the header to the MIME::Entity?

Med venlig hilsen
Thomas Kristensen

Storhaven 12 - 7100 Vejle
Tlf: 75 72 54 99 - Fax: 75 72 65 33

Dianne Skoll
2018-05-07 18:57:07 UTC
On Mon, 7 May 2018 18:31:18 +0000
Post by Thomas Kristensen
Then I dont understand the rebuild action.
action_rebuild does nothing except set a flag telling MIMEDefang that
the message must be regenerated and passed back to the milter
body-replacement function. The flag is checked when filter_end
returns,
Post by Thomas Kristensen
Should i then do the action_change_header and also add the header to the MIME::Entity?
If it needs to be visible later on in your code, then yes.

Regards,

Dianne.